Exit and Transition Planning
National Business Valuation Services, along with our preferred partner Monty Walker, and other professional Advisors, can help you with your exit and transition plans as well as your business succession plans.
Principal Brian Wendler is the Past President of the Estate Planning Council of North Texas and is on both the National & Dallas Chapter Boards of the AM&AA.
All over the world, owners/founders of businesses and professional practices (the babyboomer generation) will be exiting or transitioning from their businesses over the next decade; however, most owners will fail to achieve top dollar for their businesses.
- “Only 11% of small business owners surveyed thought about a transition plan from the beginning, while 41% hadn’t thought about it. The remaining 48% had been thinking about a plan for 6 years or less. 61% of respondents have no transition plan or have only thought about it; 28% have a plan in process, and 11% have completed their transition plan” – Glen G. Kautt, Entrepreneur Magazine
- “Roughly 40% of family-owned businesses in the United States will experience a leadership change over the next five years” – MassMutual Financial Group/Raymond Institute
- “70% of small business owners are planning to retire within 10 years” – Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Planning Options Diminish With Time
- The Business Transfer Spectrum
- Common Motivations For Buyers of Privately-Owned Businesses
- Business Owner’s Life Plan
- Timing Is Everything
- The Business Owner’s Dilemma
- Business Succession Planning
National Business Valuation Services, Inc., Brian Wendler and their work product comply with IRS definitions for “qualified appraisers and appraisals” as outlined in the Pension Protection Act of 2006. Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraisals are prepared to the rules and standards of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
Planning Options Diminish With Time
This image shows that a business owner’s succession planning options will change and actually diminish over time. Time is ...More info
Exit and Transition Planning
This image shows the business owner’s objectives when it comes to exit and transition planning: To see additional slides ...More info
The Business Transfer Spectrum
This image will help you better understand possible channels for transferring your business: (Permission granted by Robert T. Slee, Private ...More info
Common Motivations For Buyers of Privately-Owned Businesses
This graph will show you some common motivations for buyers of privately-owned businesses: To see additional slides on the topic ...More info
The Business Owner’s Life Plan
In essence, the selling “window of opportunity” is open! To see additional slides on the topic of Exit and Transition P ...More info
Timing Is Everything
The best time to sell a business is when: Internal Factors Business has maximized its operating cash flows based on ...More info
The Business Owner’s Dilemma
This chart depicts the business owner’s dilemma when it comes to voluntary or involuntary transfers matched up with a ...More info
Business Succession Planning
Here is some information about business succession planning regarding the number of owners and the business activity of the business ...More info